THE HIVE INGREDIENTS
Honey, Propolis, & Virgins Beeswax.
HONEY: Has been touted as a miracle ointment with healing properties which have been used by our ancestors for over 5,000 years. Honey has been used to treat infections and wounds, as well as aliments, such as ulcers, and many types of skin conditions long before we started to connect facts with scientific truths.
- Honey has amazing humectant properties that help retain moisture.
- It is a powerhouse when it comes to antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and natural enzymes which are all helpful with irritable skin conditions.
- Not only is Honey a free-radical scavenger that attacks those wandering free radicals, it helps stimulate collagen production and cell regeneration that both aid in reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Honey has powerful anti-biotic properties that work like a hydrogen peroxide. Once it is on your skin and activated with H2O, the antibiotic properties activate and get to work on those pesky blemishes on your skin.
PROPOLIS: Often called "nature's penicillin", honey bee propolis has been used for aiding in healing aliments with the following medicinal uses; including antimicrobial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-tumor qualities.
- Propolis properties can be used far beyond the hive and have been used on our skin and in our bodies to help assist in balancing and healing irritated skin.
- From inflamed acne prone skin, to a power house anti bacterial agent, propolis contains an abundance of antioxidants, minerals and antibacterial properties that help balance and heal damaged skin.
- Bees produce propolis to repair gaps in the hive, coating the hive to seal out pollutants and naturally disinfect. Propolis is so effective at inhibiting bacteria or fungal growth, bees can even use it to mummify a creature that accidentally died in their hive!
- On our skin, propolis’ antibacterial and anti-fungal properties make it an ideal anti-acne treatment, and it's antioxidant and sealing properties fight damage from aging.
VIRGIN BEESWAX: Beeswax is an amazing protective barrier to help lock in moisture and prevent cellular damage.
- Beeswax is what bees use to make their honey combs, hold their honey/food, and protect the baby bees. A majority of the wax is considered part of the bees’ immune system, drawing toxins out of their bodies and ensuring honey and newborn bees are insulated from pollutants. This is why we always use the virgin bees wax for our cosmetic goods.
- Unfiltered virgins beeswax can have well over 300 micronutrients and gets its distinct yellow/gold color from the propolis and bee pollen brought into the hive by the honey bees.
- Beeswax is naturally nourishing due to the wax and our skin having the same wax esters. This makes it easy for the wax to penetrate our skin and act as an amazing moisturizer, as well act as an additional anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-allergenic and an antioxidant at a molecular level!
HUMANE EXTRACTION FOR POLLEN AND ROYAL JELLY: We pride ourselves in carefully measured humane best practices when working with our honey bee apiaries.
- We have created larger straining screens used to extract our raw honey from the comb. This is how we are able to extract the pollen without taking it away from our bees' food source.
- Also, because the bees are so special to our family, we do not practice in-humane harvesting of royal jelly from our queen cells. We part the cells out and use the comb once the queens have hatched. This is how we are able to retrieve the royal jelly that goes into our products.